Raise Your Credit Score
1. Pay your bills on time
2. If you have missed payments, get current and stay current. The longer you pay on time the better your credit score
3. Even if you pay off a collection it will remain on your credit report for seven years.
4. If you cannot make your payments, contact your creditors or see a credit counselor
5. Keep balances low on revolving credit
6. Maintain fewer open accounts
7. Don't close unused credit lines. Closing accounts will not help your score
8. Don't open new lines of credit
The best credit score is between 760 to 850
General loan guidelines will consider scores in the low 600's and sometimes even in the high 500's with compensating factors.
If you need help finding a loan, call me. I work with some great mortgage people and would be happy to give you names. It is always good to shop rates, but don't be fooled. Often the lowest rate does not have the lowest costs and the difference in costs can make the lowest interest rate, the most expensive program for you. Get and compare all the costs, not just the interest rate.
Call me for a FREE, no obligation consultation regarding your real estate needs and dreams.
leslie edwards sell real estate 770.460.9448 direct RE/MAX See 100,000+ listings for sale at www.leslieedwards.com