The Facts About The Homebuyer's Tax Credit
- A tax credit, not a tax deduction, meaning you get that much more cash back in your federal tax refund.
- $8000 for a first time buyer, meaning not having owned a home in the last 3 years
- $6500 for a current owner, provided the home they sold or will sell was their primary residence for 5 out of the last 8 years
- Does not have to be paid back as long as they remain in the home for 3 years
- Must be under contract by April 30, 2010
- Must close by June 30, 2010
- Must earn less than $125,000 if single or $225,000 if married
- Money can be collected immediately by filing a tax return or an amendment to a previous return
It is a great time to buy with prices and interest rates at record lows and FREE money too. The tax credits have brought more buyers into the market so it is also a great time to sell.
We closed 67 transactions in 2009 while the average agent closed 2. Our goal is to close 100 transactions this year and we need your help to do it. If you know anyone we can help buy or sell real estate, call me at 770.460.9448
If you know anyone who is behind in their payments and are trying to avoid a foreclosure, let them know that I am a Certified Distressed Property Expert and can help them with a short sale.
leslie edwards, ABR, CDPE, CRS, EPRO, GRI (advanced educational designations) Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider 770.460.9448 email@example.com www.leslieedwards.com RE/MAX Around Atlanta Serving South Metro Atlanta Supporter of Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity www.schabitat.org